Thursday, October 22, 2015

"ton"

When naming our kids Chris and I did not set out to have a system.  We simply went by what we liked.  Lucky for me I got to name Payton all by myself (since I did not meet Chris until she was 2).  I learned picking out names with someone else is oh so much more difficult!

Chris and I did not agree on a single baby name ever and once we were pregnant we still did not agree.  Chirs wanted the name Ashlee for a boy (after a football player but I informed him I did not think our son could get away with it) and I wanted Fletcher, but we could not figure out a middle name.  Then one night Chris woke me up and said, "how about the name Ashton?" and I said OK after all that would be much more fitting for our first son than Ashlee (no offense to any men named Ashlee).  The Christmas after we had Ashton, Chris and I were looking at all of our stockings and realized Payton and Ashton's names matched and decided maybe we only agree on names that end in "ton" and that is how we accidently started the pattern of picking our kids names.   So only from this point forward did we purposely only selected names ending in "ton."

After we had Bryton my dad made a comment that stuck with me.  He said something along the lines of "Each of the kids carries a part of Bryton in their name."  I don't know if he even remembers saying this, but he said they were each named after her, not her named after them.  This gave me chills and caused me to think that just maybe we were nudged along in the way we named our kids by them while they were all together on the other side.  Anyone that attended our sealing in the Salt Lake Temple might recall that the sealer stopped and addressed all of the angels in attendance.  I have always felt that included our future children rejoicing as their parents and oldest sister were sealed together for time and all eternity.


Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home